[cdt-dev] Re: building the CDT

Hi,

Have anybody ever tried to build CDT distribution from local sources spearing fetching sources from dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/tools CVS repository?

I tried to change map.cdt file to fetch sources I have changed from my CVS repository and it doesn't work.

I also tried to figure out (using printouts) how org.eclipse.cdt.releng and org.eclipse.pde.build_3.5.1.R35x_20090820/scripts/ work and lost the track. I don't understand how packages listed in cdt.map are fetched from the CVS. The build process fetches them in completely different order. Also I don't understand where from “fetch_<package_name>.xml” files creation is guided from.

I thought I will be easily able to change scripts to either fetch files from my CVS repository or by simply taking my local source files. And both seem to complicated.

I will very much appreciate if someone can explain how to produce distribution files from local sources (without CVS).

I found post from 2002 http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cdt-dev/msg00112.html with the list of steps to build CDT without fetching files from CVS. According to it, I tried to import :
org.apache.lucene
org.apache.xerces
org.eclipse.ant.core
org.eclipse.compare
org.eclipse.core.boot
org.eclipse.core.resources
org.eclipse.core.runtime
org.eclipse.debug.core
org.eclipse.debug.ui
org.eclipse.help
org.eclipse.platform
org.eclipse.search
org.eclipse.swt
org.eclipse.swt.win32
org.eclipse.ui
org.eclipse.update.core

into my workspace (together with the packages they depend on) and then to export everything as “deployable plug-ins and packages” (eclipse plug-in development option). But it doesn't work.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance,

David

David Sariel wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for beginners question, but I want to be sure I'm in the right direction.

During the development process I was running the CDT from eclipse as
eclipse application.
I understand that if I want to run CDT without running it from another
instance of eclipse,
I have to build it with org.eclipse.cdt.releng scripts. But is that
the only way?
For example, can't I just choose export and then select to create
deployable plugins or
eclipse product?

In case the answer to the previous question is negative and the only
resort is to use the org.eclipse.cdt.releng build scripts , how can I
avoid fetching files from CVS server that is performed by
org.eclipse.cdt.releng? I understand that I can refer in cdt.map to my
CVS repository that contains my version of CDT sources, but is there
exists an easier way to build CDT from the sources that are located on
my HD without setting up CVS and rewriting cdt.map?

Thanks,
David

Back to the top