Re: [cdt-dev] Mac debug needs attention (patches are available!)

On Jan 4, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Marc-Andre Laperle wrote:

Hello all,

As you might know, debugging on Mac is not in a very good state. It has been said that the community would need to fix these issues since the majority a committers don't have a Mac. So, I made patches for the following bugs:

- Debug value view fails to update 'Value' column (250037), also fixes the same bug in DSF
- [Mac] Debug launch takes 20 extra sec (CLI problem) (294538)
- [Mac] Registers view very slow to open the first time (294537)
- GDB can't halt debugging process (265483)
- CDT gdb/mi fails to parse result of gdb cmd "thread info" (269838)

It would be great if someone could take a look at these patches and at least give some feedback. I won't be available tomorrow for the CDT Monthly Call so if someone can bring it up, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Marc-Andre

The following is on Eclipse SDK version 3.5.1, running on OS X 10.5.8 Intel (Mac Pro Workstation). I pulled and compiled CDT_6_0 branch, then applied the following patches:

- [Mac] Debug launch takes 20 extra sec (CLI problem) (294538)
- CDT gdb/mi fails to parse result of gdb cmd "thread info" (269838)

and both solve the problems discussed in the bug reports. Although with bug 269838 when the breakpoint was hit in another thread, the list of threads in the GUI only listed a single thread with the "thread-0" title. I know I have at least 2 threads going at the point where I stopped the thread so there may still be some tweaking that needs to go on.

FWIW, this is a nice "refreshing" change. I can actually debug in eclipse again. THANKS to the makers of the Patch. I'll try some more of patches and report back.

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx