[cdt-dev] Modifying existing CDT plugin/Adding functionality to existing plugin

Hello,

Thank you guys for the help. I have been able to add a new MI command in gdb for a new functionaloty in gdb.
Now I want to add this MI command to CDT. I know that the package org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core.command contains all the existing commands. I have to modify the command set factory (CommandFactory class) to add a function which creates an instance for my MIReplay command.
I have to create a class for MIReplay.
I also checked the stack frame after the StepOver command is pressed from the Eclipse UI.
I found out that I need to add an abstract class for my command extending DebugCommand and another concrete class extending this abstract class. Then I need to add a function in the following classes : CStackFrame, CThread, Thread and Target.
Hence I need to modify the classes from 2-3 packages.

My question to you is how do I modify these classes. I imported the plugins and tried modifying them but they are classes not java files. How do I edit the classes mentioned above ?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Rohit Girme

Back to the top