Re: [cdt-dev] Indexer isn't saving Includes across sessions

On 18/11/09 03:04 AM, Elmenthaler, Jens wrote:
Hi Jeff,

This looks like a known bug (also filed somewhere in bugzilla, should be different anyway with the new build model that seems to be underway).

As a workaround until it's fixed: go into the project properties, select the discovery options tab under "C/C++ Build" and just press OK there. This flushes some scannerConfigBuildInfo XML elements to the .cproject, which in turn enables the CDT to find the paths and symbols it discovers in the next session. We do it just after creating the project, but it should work at any time. Once the scannerConfigBuildInfo elements are in the .cproject, you need to trigger the discovery once again (e.g. rebuilding the proeject).

Greetings, Jens.

Thanks Jens.

-- Jeff J.

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Johnston
Sent: Dienstag, 17. November 2009 23:28
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Indexer isn't saving Includes across sessions

I have an Autotools project which is based on a Makefile project.  It
has a tool-chain that includes the cdt gcc and cdt g++ compiler tools.

When a project is first built, everything works fine with the indexer.
There is an Includes container and it contains either the C or C++
include paths, depending on the type of project.

The problem is when the session is closed, the include data seems to
disappear.  When the session is restarted, the Includes container is
missing and the indexer starts to warn about unknown include files.

If the project is cleaned and rebuilt again, everything is back to normal.

I have seen this behavior for 6.0.0 and 6.0.1.  Is there anything
somebody could recommend to look at as to why the Includes aren't being
saved across sessions?

-- Jeff J.