RE: [cdt-dev] Breakpoint marker question

Thanks for the answer Mikhail.

> Breakpoint markers are used to persist the breakpoint
> attributes between Eclipse sessions.
>
> Storing the current address for a function or a line
> breakpoint is wrong because it can be different if the executable is
> changed. The 'address' property is never used for line
> breakpoints (the
> line and function breakpoint's addresses are retrieved from the
> backend).
> So the answer is No, they shouldn't. In fact, both 'function' and
> 'address' shouldn't have been added to cLineBreakpointMarker.
> But their
> presence doesn't affect the implementation.

If we take 'address' as an example.  I create an address-bp and then
I exit Eclipse.  When I start a new Eclipse, the address-bp is in the
workspace with the right address; I haven't launched anything yet, so
this address can't be taken from the backend.  I guess the marker
was used to store the address, even though it seems that marker does not
have an 'address' attribute.

It seems that any attribute can be added programatically to a marker,
even if that attribute was not declared in XML.  I haven't figured out
if declaring the attribute in XML is actually important.

But I guess it doesn't matter now, since things work properly.
(I've declared the tracepoint marker with the passCount attribute, just
in case).

Thanks