RE: [cdt-dev] Problem in accessing CoreFileLaunchConfigurationTabGroup, LaunchMessages and LaunchUIPlugin in CDT 6.0.1

Yes that is right.

 I tried looking for the document which gives understanding of
> this design
> something like we had earliar -
> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Launch-Framework/launch.html
> But except the extension point details in Eclipse Help
> Manual, I couldn't
> find anything.
>
> Can you please give some pointers where can I get design and
> understanding
> for this extension point.

There is some info here
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/extension-points/index.html
look under the debug section

> Moreover when I tried to look at CDT launch source code, I found that
> though they use *Tab extension point... They still use *TabGroup files
> where they still have the method createTabs() implemented.
> So, it is quite confusing.

Yes, there cleanup was not properly done there.
But if you loko at most of the *TabGroup files, you will notice
they are not used anywhere in CDT, we just forgot remove them.

Back to the top