[cdt-dev] C Declaration vs Definition and F3

I have a C library project which has the C library headers in it.

The ctype.h header has an external global pointer __ctype_ptr__ which is declared:

extern char * __ctype_ptr__;

In the library, the definition of __ctype_ptr__ is found in _ctype.c:

char *__ctype_ptr__ = __ctable;

which is put into the C library archive file.

In ispunct.c, I have a reference to __ctype_ptr__. When I select __ctype_ptr__ from the C editor and hit F3, I am getting the definition of __ctype_ptr__ opened up in _ctype.c. If I hit F3 on it, I then get the declaration in ctype.h.

I would have expected to see the header file declaration first. Is this designed behavior?

I am using CDT 6.0.1.

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top