Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 7.0 for Helios

Thanks, Ken, you don't have to wait for me :).

A lot of the reason behind sticking with 6.1 was to show that we are managing our APIs carefully and not changing them. We've been bad at that in the past and sooner or later we need to change that. And adopting the API tooling as we did last release to monitor this was a great first step.

But we've heard from a number of committers now that we're still not done. While we are managing APIs better, we still have technical issues with the APIs themselves and we need to resolve that.

So I'm open to making this CDT 7.0. At the least, we should upversion the plug-ins that need to API changes to 7.0. And I'd prefer that the CDT "marketing" number always equal the highest version of our plug-ins.

But, we do need to hear from the ISV community on how this impacts them. Do any vendors want to use plug-ins built against CDT 6.0 and have them to work against the Helios release. At Wind River, we've never done that, we always take a whole new stack from Eclipse.

Doug.