[cdt-dev] CDT 7.0 for Helios

Title: CDT 7.0 for Helios
Doug may have been planning to start talking about this but it was on my mind this morning so I wanted to follow up on the list with something we discussed on the CDT call yesterday: making the next release of CDT for Helios (due next summer) version 7.0 instead of version 6.1.

This means that there would be some API breakage in a few focused areas but that we would take care to document the changes so people integrating with CDT would know what to expect. Although it is impossible to know if anyone if using a given API, it is likely that the APIs we discussed aren’t currently used or are in very limited use. Of course the 6.0.x stream would be unaffected.

It would be good to hear from people who integrate with CDT to find out which APIs are in common use so we can limit the impact of any proposed changes.

Thanks - Ken

Back to the top