Re: [cdt-dev] Managed Build System automatic project conversion

Hi Alena,

Alena Laskavaia wrote:
It is called automatically also when toolchain version is lower than
current one. There is no way to make it called if version does not
change.

thanks for the reply. If that is the case it is music to my ears. Please forgive my ignorance, but where is the "toolchain version" specified?

I'm using the extension point "org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions" and have based my whole plugin on org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui. hence none of the "versionsSupported" fields are populated.

So if I wanted my converter to be triggered using my new plugin version (call it 4.1.1 for arguments sake) where would I have to specify that version number?

I've tried populating various parts of my plugin with versionsSupported=4.1.1 and opening my workspace containing old projects in a runtime workbench, but I'm not seeing my converter being called automatically.

cheers john

You can install listener on resource change events (this is how
auto-converter implemented).