Re: [cdt-dev] Freezes

YES!. I am running 10.5.8 and tried the 64 Bit Cocoa version of Eclipse and would get those all the time. Dropped back to the Carbon version of Eclipse and have not had any lock ups in the last week, versus once about every 30 minutes or so.

Obviously there is a problem with the Cocoa version of Eclipse, or at least that is the conclusion that I came to.

Mike Jackson

Tobias Hahn wrote:
Hi all,

Recently, I am getting a lot of freezes. About once or twice an hour eclipse will freeze and not wake again on my machine after editing a c++ source file. I have to kill it using kill -9.

Is anyone else seeing this? Can anybody help me debug this?

Thanks, Tobias

I am using cvs cdt on 64bit eclipse 3.5.1 M20090917-0800 on Mac OS 10.6. The Error log shows at lot of entries like this one:

eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.6.0_15
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/toh/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/toh/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Fri Oct 30 15:28:48 CET 2009
Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.cdt.ui".

at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:793)
at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(HashMap.java:828)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.engine.DefaultSpellChecker.execute(DefaultSpellChecker.java:224) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.CSpellingEngine.check(CSpellingEngine.java:166) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.SpellingEngine.check(SpellingEngine.java:71) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.CSpellingService$1.run(CSpellingService.java:57)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.CSpellingService.check(CSpellingService.java:62) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.spelling.SpellingReconcileStrategy.reconcile(SpellingReconcileStrategy.java:198) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.spelling.CSpellingReconcileStrategy.reconcile(CSpellingReconcileStrategy.java:118) at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.spelling.SpellingReconcileStrategy.initialReconcile(SpellingReconcileStrategy.java:169) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.CompositeReconcilingStrategy.initialReconcile(CompositeReconcilingStrategy.java:112) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.CCompositeReconcilingStrategy.initialReconcile(CCompositeReconcilingStrategy.java:108) at org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.MonoReconciler.initialProcess(MonoReconciler.java:105) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.text.CReconciler.initialProcess(CReconciler.java:395) at org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.AbstractReconciler$BackgroundThread.run(AbstractReconciler.java:173)

Ableton AG, Sitz Berlin, Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 72838
Vorstand: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl, Bernd Roggendorf
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Uwe Struck