Re: [cdt-dev] updating Spawner native code

Given that neither of these hosts are on the Eclipse platform list, I think it's OK.

Doug

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps I should rephrase the question:

Would it be OK if I broke the PTY and Spawner support on the qnx and linux.ia64 platforms?  Then those with access to those platforms could build the needed binary and check it in?

-Pawel

Pawel Piech wrote:
Hi All,
In bug 248071 I would like to update the PTY and Spawner classes in org.eclipse.cdt.core.  The bug fix involves changes in the native methods (including method signatures) in the pty and spawner libraries.  How can I go about making this change in the native code if I don't have access to all the platforms on which these libraries are built (these include QNX, linux.ia64, etc)?  Do I have to have libraries built for all the platforms before I can commit the fix?
-Pawel