Re: [cdt-dev] DSF: mark breakpoint as installed/uninstalled

Hi Ling,
I agree that the BreakpointMediator is lacking in the status update department. Unfortunately I never had the time to complete it. Besides the installed/uninstalled/modified change there's a couple more things missing:
- error installing/uninstalling/etc.
- breakpoint hit handling
- translation betw. platform BP and DSF BP

There's a few related bugs already filed: 219841, 219604, 263001, but none specifically dealing with your request. Please file a new bug and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,
Pawel

Ling.5.Wang@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Pawel et al,

In EDC debugger we use the DSF BreakpointsMediator and our implementation of IBreakpoints and IBreakpointAttributeTranslator for breakpoint manipulation. Now we are trying to make sure a breakpoint is marked as installed (checked)  in UI after it's installed. We think the right place to do that is to implement this API properly:
    IBreakpointAttributeTranslator.updateBreakpointStatus(IBreakpoint bp)

But that API has not have parameter to distinguish between installed, uninstalled and changed. So we are wondering if change to the API like below is needed:

   enum EBreakpointStatusChange {
        EInstalled, EUninstalled, EModified /* uses delta */
    }
    public void updateBreakpointStatus(IBreakpoint bp, EBreakpointStatusChange change, IMarkerDelta delta);

Question:  is that API the right place to do the task ? If not, where should we do that ? if yes, does the proposed change to the API make sense ?

Thanks.

- Ling