RE: [cdt-dev] DSF registers question

OK, thanks Pawel.  I'll take a look.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ext Pawel Piech
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 3:10 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] DSF registers question

In GDB and in Wind River Debugger, registers can only be retrieved for the top stack frame (AFAIK).  However, the only place where this relationship is enforced is in the RegisterVMProvider.update(IViewerInputUpdate).  If you would like to allow registers for non-top stack frame to be retrieved, override this method and use the stack fame as the input into the view.  Your register service should then be invoked with the stack frame context as the parameter to the various getRegister*() mehtods.

Cheers,
Pawel

Warren.Paul@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how register based variables on the stack and the registers view is supposed to work when a non-current stack frame is selected.  I would expect to see spilled register values in the register view, and register based variables values to be fetched from spilled registers. I've been looking into the IStack and IRegisters interfaces in DSF and don't see any relation between registers and stack frame.  IStackFrame in the platform and the CDI implementation in CDT do, so I'm wondering if it was just an oversight, or done intentionally, or if I'm just missing something.

Thanks,
Warren