From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kennedy, Stephen M (Steve)
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:31 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] RE: Problem with large source files in CDT 6.0.1

I've gathered some details on a slightly different aspect of this problem.

A - Opening a 8500 line C++ file
B - The outline appears
C - Highlighting of types/variables appears

I'm running this on a slowish Solaris system, which I'm sure exacerbates the problem.  In CDT 5.0.2, the time between A & B is about 5 seconds and the time between B & C is 1 or 2 seconds.  In CDT 6.0.1, the AB interval is again about 5 seconds, but the BC interval is 20 seconds.  For a huge 38,000 line file, BC is around 3 minutes.

I've turned on all the CDT tracing options that I know of and for the majority of the BC interval there's no corresponding tracing output although there's obviously something going on (CPU usage/100s of mb of allocation/deallocation).

I tried to file a bug report yesterday but it was eaten by a bugzilla internal error (didn't like my choosing OS & HW =other).

Steve