Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Setting project description confusion

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For me the real problem is dealing with all the id's that are used to hook
> things together. If we used real Java inheritance and getters/setters and
> JDT's content assist, it would be a lot easier. The other thing I've run
> into is the need for dynamic toolchain definitions. There are some
> mechanisms in the XML to add in hooks but being all in Java would allow you
> do much more.

Oh yes. I had to do a serious amount of copy'n'paste just to get
-framework added to the standard command line arguments, and that
ended up resulting in a new toolchain being created (which probably
won't work on non-Mac platforms anyway). I'm planning to junk that and
try and inject args dynamically based on a generic setting somewhere
else in the future, but the xml-of-xml-of-xml was error prone at best.

Alex

Back to the top