RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 6.0: Supporting Data watch point withoutpatchingCBreakpointManager

Thanks John… your mail was really informative.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Cortell
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:14 PM
To: CDT General developers list.; CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 6.0: Supporting Data watch point withoutpatchingCBreakpointManager

If you're trying to do this without modifying CDT and/or the gdb/mi CDI reference implementation, then you would have to provide a custom CDI backend, and there, of course, you'd be able to provide a customized ICDITarget implementation that behaves however you want it to. But you'd be not only providing a custom ICDITarget, but implementations of all the CDI interfaces. I.e., uou have to provide a complete CDI debugger backend. You could of course try to reuse as much of the gdb/mi implementation through subclassing (where possible), or outright source copying.

John