Re: [cdt-dev] Update site organization: managedbuild.ui.tests confuses uses

Please open a bug against cdt-releng and I can help get this done for Galileo SR2.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts ---09/24/2009 11:23:57 AM---Is it too late to move the update site plugins around beforBeth Tibbitts ---09/24/2009 11:23:57 AM---Is it too late to move the update site plugins around before the Galileo SR1?

Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx>

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/24/2009 11:23 AM

[cdt-dev] Update site organization: managedbuild.ui.tests confuses uses

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Is it too late to move the update site plugins around before the Galileo SR1?
(probably.)
Oh well I have been meaning to say..

The org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.tests plugin, in amongst all the others on the update site, often gets chosen by
users, then they have that extra page in the new project wizard and are confused.
Could we perhaps have a third category e.g. "Developer tools" or "testing tools" or something?
I would like an easy "select everything" choice for users who want all the user-friendly plugins.
Is this possible?

In trying to write a simple CDT installation scenario, for users who e.g. also want UPC (not in the default distribution),
i always seem to have to give a detailed description of what to include/exclude.
It should be simpler!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511