[cdt-dev] Issue in using ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile extension point in CDT 6

Hi all,

We have used the ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile extension point to
customize the scanner info as required for our environment.

Since we have different -I paths for each file we have used Per File
Scanner collector.

We are adding some path information and also deleting which doesn't exist
but being in the -I paths list they were getting displayed in Problems
View.

In that context we have extended the GccPerFileBOPConsoleParser and have
used some of the methods like getCollector() and getProject() from
AbstractGCCPerFileBOPConsoleParser.

I saw one earliar message also in the mailing list related to this with
heading - "Problem with ScannerConfigDiscoveryProfile" but didn't get the
final solution in that.

The extension point we have defined is as below :

<extension
         id="MyScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile"
         name="MyConfiguration"

point="org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile">
      <scannerInfoCollector

class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig2.PerFileSICollector"
            scope="file">
      </scannerInfoCollector>

      <scannerInfoProvider
            providerId="MyscannerInfoProvider">
         <run

class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig2.DefaultRunSIProvider"
               command="echo">
         </run>
             .
             .
             .
      </scannerInfoProvider>
   </extension>

But the same plugin in eclipse CDT 6.0 is showing following errors :

Access to references classes
org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig2.PerFileSICollector
org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig2.DefaultRunSIProvider
org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.gnu.GCCPerFileBOPConsoleParser
org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.core.scannerconfig.gnu.AbstractGCCBOPConsoleParser
is not accessible due to restriction on required project
org.eclipse.cdt.make.core

When I tried to look at CDT 6 code for these files , I didn't find any
difference or major change in APIs as such.
I just found that in plugin.xml the Export Package for these paricular
packages is marked as x-internal=true. Because of which these are shown as
discouraged access.

And since these are the internal packages , this is an issue. So, would
like to know is there any change done in CDT 6 which provides API,
interfaces or non-internal classes to achieve the same functionality.

Thanks & Regards,
             - Nayna Jain

Back to the top