[cdt-dev] Re: DsfSession.registerModelAdapter()

Hi John,

Yes this mechanism is quite limited.  I implemented it in the early days of DSF and I always hoped to replace it with a full IAdapterFactory implementation.  Except now I think that the adapter factory should better be implemented in the UI layer.

See bug 252859.

Cheers,
Pawel

John Cortell wrote:
Pawel,

egistering a model adapter with a DSF session for a type that another adapter has already claimed is currently supported. The previously registered adapter is bumped. Is this intentional/desired? I.e., are these associations supposed to be dynamic? If so, then I think all we need to do is document this (in the JavaDoc for that method). Otherwise, should we throw an exception? At a minimum, we should probably log a warning in the Error Log.

What do you think?
John

Back to the top