[cdt-dev] Strange Behavior passing arguments with ""'s to Debugger

Can anyone tell me how the passing of application arguments to the debugger happens? It seems that the CDT debugger launcher is stripping out the ""'s from the arguments list. I have an application that requires an argument of the form --input "argA | argB" . If I launch with bash, this works fine, but if I launch with the CDT Debugger, I get a bash error "/bin/bash: argB: command not found" which indicates that the ""'s have been stripped out and that bash is seeing argA | argB. I have tried a number of obvious workarounds. Using single quotes '' instead of double quotes. Escaping (\), double escaping (\\) and 4x escaping (\\\\) the pipe and/or the quotes. Through a whole lot of trial and error, I have found that only a combination of single and double quotes works --input "argA'|'argB". Does anyone know if this is expected or defined behavior? Is is documented anywhere? Can it be fixed to behave in a more obvious way? I've done the obvious googling and come up with nothing.

Thanks
Matt

Back to the top