RE: [cdt-dev] externalSettingsProvider and built-in settings

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately the information provided by the externalSettingsProvider is always dynamic so it can’t be stored in the project or in the toolchain…

I also tried to hack scannerDiscoveryProfile for the same purpose – which seems to be tailored for gcc-like compilers. That almost works but I am getting weird behavior in projects using source folders, so I’d rather go for the externalSettingsProvider way which seems more robust and concise.

The only thing I am missing is the built-in flags to be stored…

/Mario