From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mehregani, Navid
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 12:47 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] DSF Register/Variable/_expression_ Views

Hello,

I had a simple question about the DSF Register/Variable/_expression_ views that I was hoping someone could help me out with.  I’ve noticed that the ‘Change Value’ context menu action is disabled in all three views.  The reason being is that the default implementation of RegisterVMNode$RegisterVMC and VariableVMNode$VariableExpressionVMC don’t implement IValueModification.  See org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.variables.ChangeVariableValueAction.update() for more details.

Is there a plan to modify RegisterVMC and VariableExpressionVMC to implement this interface or should I implement a custom version of these VMCs that implement IValueModification?

On a similar note, the ‘Enable’ and ‘Disable’ context menu actions are always disabled because  RegisterVMC and VariableExpressionVMC are not adaptable to IEnableDisableTarget.  See org.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.ui.actions.EnableVariablesActionDelegate.selectionChanged() for more details.

Thanks in advance,

 - Navid

Back to the top