Re: [cdt-dev] Saving configuration specific options in own PropertyTab

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:32 AM, <patrick.schmitt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Shouldn't I need to use CDT classes to get the dependency to a build configuration for my settings?

If you find a way, please post. I'd be interested to see your solution. :-)

Andrew

I found class InstanceScope to be easy to use:

IEclipsePreferences preferences = new InstanceScope().getNode(CCorePlugin.PLUGIN_ID);
String data = ""
preferences.put(YOUR_PREFERENCE_TAG, data);
preferences.flush();
String data = "" "default");

This would save as workspace settings and you should use your own plugin instead of CCorePlugin. There are also classes ProjectScope and LocalProjectScope. I am always getting confused which one is which but one of them stores "team shared" preferences which go to .settings/ folder of your project (ProjectScope?) and another one your personal project preferences stored somewhere in belly of .metadata. This is related to checkbox "Enable project specific settings" you can see on some property pages.

Andrew