Re: [cdt-dev] CDT and e4: Discussion Summary

Congrats! I was wondering why we haven't heard from you. You have a good excuse, though. :).

Bringing Serge's work into 3.6 is the plan. And I think that's our preferred strategy. Do what they want in e4 and migrate the mature bits to the 3.x stream. I'd be even OK if they declared a 4.0 at some point as a slightly API broken 3.x stream. I've heard many times that e4 != 4.0 and their version number for the alpha (i.e. 0.9) reflects that. I'm hoping that remains true and manageable.

The main outcome is that we have to be vigilant and ensure the platform that all of our products depend on remains at a high quality level and that new platform versions don't force us into work that we may not have enough investment to accomplish.

Cheers,
Doug.