RE: [cdt-dev] DSF stack frame levels vs indexes

Hello Pawel,

Thanks for posting the bug.

>Stack frame indexes and levels both are counted starting with the top
stack frame at 0.

This actually works for me only if I set frame levels as the "opposite"
of the array index - that is, the topmost, newest frame has index=0 in
the array and level=array length-1 .

When setting levels and indexes to be the same, my IStack service
implementation gets asked:

- for the stack depth using getStackDepth()
- for the top frame using getTopFrame()
- for the frame which is at the bottom of the stack using getFrames(int,
int)

After that, no further frames are requested and the frames in the middle
are "reused" as they are, so that the bottom frame gets duplicated.

When levels are set as the opposite of indexes, all frames are correctly
queried starting from the last one in the array and ending on the second
one. Is level used to know how many stack frames should be fetched?

Best,

/Mario

Back to the top