Re: [cdt-dev] Agenda for CDT Call

Hi all,

I'm afraid I won't be able to make the call today -- travelling cross country after a course.

However I am interested in both e4 and fixing scanner discovery. In e4 the flexible resources effort is the bit im most interested in. I think this is mostly done and likely to make it into 3.x. The cdt effort required here is not large: flexible resources are just linked resources with bells, which we already support. Our product already uses this, so if and when backported patches are accepted to core.resources, I'll be happy to supply patches for cdt.

The rest of e4 including declarative ui and more flexible service based frameworks seems more pie-in-the-sky to me. Thats potentially because it seems less IDE specific, or because I don't understand the problem it's trying to solve. Perhaps it'll make our jobs, as developers, easier but I don't think e4 is going to knock 3.x off any time soon. I also can't see it forcing a split in the APIs for the simple reason that the existing APIs work well and are used by so many existing projects.

For scanner discovery it would be good to hear what thoughts Tracy has. I'm hoping to get more time to devote to 6.1 this summer when current high priority items subside (I've now used most my holiday too :))

Hope to hear others' thoughts on the list!
Cheers,
James