[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cdt-dev] DSF stack frame levels vs indexes
- From: "Mario Pierro" <Mario.Pierro@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:41:50 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcoU+I4HexUoiWXNRwaunyFsRDOe1g==
- Thread-topic: DSF stack frame levels vs indexes
I am trying to understand the caching mechanism used by DSF 2.0 when
retrieving stack frames. Apparently for caching to work stack frames
only need to be compared by their level - at least, that's what the GDB
implementation does in MIFrameDMC.equals().
I have the following questions:
1. What should the getLevel() method implementation report? Is that the
number of valid stack frames that precede a given frame in the call
2. What is the relation between the indexes passed to
public void getFrames(IDMContext execContext, int startIndex, int
endIndex, DataRequestMonitor<IFrameDMContext> rm);
and stack frame levels?
Thanks for your help!