[cdt-dev] Static analysis framework enhancement request

I try to write an extension for cppcheck (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cppcheck ) with the help of your great static analysis framework. My first tests were successfull, but it would be great, if there could be an enhancement in org.eclipse.cdt.codan.core.model.CodanProblemReporter. So far I have to give an id which must be specified in an extension point of my plug-in. I now only call cppcheck in my plug-in and don't know all the types of the errors in advance (they are also highly dynamic, since many new checks are added with new versions). I therefore plan to call reportError for all types of errors reported by cppcheck with the same id. Unfortunately I'm not able to overwrite the given extension points defaultSeverity. Therefore optimal would be a new method reportError which would allow to override the provided severity.

Another question regarding releasing that plugin: Is it possible to share the code in your CVS and what about any release plans for the framework. Is it included with the next version of CDT?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Konrad

Back to the top