Re: [cdt-dev] CPL license question

The CPL was transitioned to the EPL ages ago; I'm surprised that the CDT has CPL at all.

In any case, the CPL was made an 'earlier version' of the EPL, such that the EPL supersedes the CPL. This means that any CPL product can now automatically become an EPL product and be distributed under the EPL alone.

4. I have a CPL-licensed project. What do I need to do?

You can continue to use it if you want to, although the whole reason we’re making this happen is because we wanted to provide projects with an easy option to migrate to the EPL to help reduce license proliferation.

There is a very simple path to moving your CPL-licensed project to the Eclipse Public License. Since the EPL has been denoted as the successor version of the CPL, you can use a provision in Section 7 (“In addition, after a new version of the Agreement is published, Contributor may elect to distribute the Program (including its Contributions) under the new version.”) to easily switch to the EPL.