RE: [cdt-dev] Plug-in projects

The way I do it is to simply check out the CDT plugins in the first
Eclipse.
Then launch the second eclipse.  You may want to check the plugins tab
in
your launch configuration before you start the second eclipse and make
sure
the new CDT plugins are selected.

> I changed every appearance of 5.0.1.qualifier to
> 5.0.1.200907211600 in MANIFEST files of every plug-in project
> under org.eclipse.cdt. But while launching new eclipse
> application I see old versions of CDT plug-ins (those I have
> installed from the master).

Personally, I run this without an installed CDT.  That is how I make
sure that my new code is actually running :-)

> What am I missing here? What is the set up needed for CDT
> plug-in compilation, launching, debugging?
>
> 2)
>
> The second question is: right clicking on any project and
> selecting project properties under org.eclipse.cdt gives only
> the following options: 1) Resorce, 2) CVS, 3) Run/Debug
> settings. That's when the project properties of my sample
> plug-in projects in the same workspace contain many
> additional options (builders, java build path, java code
> style, java compiler, java editor, etc).

That is probably because you are selecting a file when you right-click.
Make sure you select the top element of the plugin.

Enjoy :-)

Marc

> Where is the place that causes to the builders, java build
> path, java code style, java compiler, java editor, etc
> options  to disappear? (I have compared the .classpath and
> .project files of my sample plug-in project with one of the
> CDT plug-in project counterparts, but found nothing).
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> David

Back to the top