[cdt-dev] quote include paths vs include paths

Does anybody know why the distinction between quote include paths and include paths isn't handled all the way through CDT?  For example,

	gcc -I/quote/includes -I- -I/includes -c x.c

in x.c:

#include <x.h> // should start search in /includes
#include "y.h" // should search /quote/includes then /includes

As far as I can tell there's no way to make this distinction when adding include paths from the "Path and Symbols" dialog.  In the ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile extension point, the quote include and include paths are distinct, but the distinction gets lost somewhere.  If I recall correctly a single list is made by putting the quote include paths *after* the include paths.

Steve Kennedy

Back to the top