Re: [cdt-dev] Regarding remote debugging on MCF5485EVB board using Eclipse CDT

It has nothing to do with CDT and I don't see a problem here (just warnnings). If you concerned about library mismatch find out what library path you suppose to use from your tools verndor (You can change it in Shared Library path in Debugger tab).

Rohit Girme wrote:
Hello,

I have installed Eclipse CDT, CodeSourcery G++ toolchain on Windows host. I am using the trial version of the Code Sourcery Eclipse IDE. I have installed Linux kernel using LTIB from the Freescale site on the MCF5485 board. I have created a helloworld project on my Windows host using the Sourcery Eclipse IDE. I have copied the necessary files(like gdbserver etc) from the Sourcery folder onto the board in the root filesystem. I run the gdbserver on the board and then debug using TCP from my windows machine. In the Sourcery Eclipse IDE I have specified sysroot on target as "/" because I have installed gdbserver in the root on the board. I have specified the IP address in the debug configuration in Eclipse while rest is default.

When I start gdbsrver on board and then I launch debug configuration on Windows host. it stop at main() because of breakpoint. When I press resume it gives me the following error.

warning: .dynamic section for "C:\\Program Files\\CodeSourcery\\Sourcery G++\\m68k-linux-gnu\\libc/lib/libc.so.6" is not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
Stopped due to shared library event
Stopped due to shared library event
Stopped due to shared library event

My program is as follows:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
    int i=0;
    printf("Hello = %d",i);
    return 0;
}

I read on some forum that I need to set sysroot but I also read that if I have installed sysroot in the root filesystem on the board I do not need to do anything.
Please help me out as I have been stuck here for a long time.

Thank you,
Rohit