Re: [cdt-dev] Re: 7.0 builds

I have no objections for now, but depending on what we do with the build system, we might want to do a 7.0 instead. We keep talking every release about blowing up the world there. We ran out of time to continue with that in 6.0, but I think we're likely to take that up again in the next release now that we've got more committers looking into the build system.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto
Inactive hide details for Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>

          Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/14/2009 01:07 PM

          Please respond to

cc

Subject

Re: [cdt-dev] Re: 7.0 builds

This is something we talked about at the architecture council this week so it's good timing. There are actually two versions to consider, the technical version of plug-ins which should be governed by the API rules, and then there's a marketing number.

I am starting to see convergence that both should probably be 6.1. Technically, we need to start locking down our APIs and supporting our integrators properly. And from a marketing perspective, I don't see the big new framework or feature that would benefit from a major version bump (although Nokia's impending debugger contribution may be close).

Anyone disagree with calling the next release 6.1?
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Elena Laskavaia <elaskavaia@xxxxxxx> wrote: _______________________________________________
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx