RE: [cdt-dev] Extension point for contributing command line args?

I use the IManagedCommandLineGenerator to append extra command-line arguments based on arbitrary data stored in the project or workspace metadata.

- Baltasar

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Blewitt
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 4:44 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Extension point for contributing command line args?

In Objectiveclipse, I've set up a tool that presents a -framework
argument, which works well. But this is only available on Mac OS X
platforms.

http://code.google.com/p/objectiveclipse/source/browse/trunk/org.eclipse.cdt.objc.core/plugin.xml

                 <tool id="cdt.managedbuild.tool.macosx.objc.linker"
name="%objc.linker.name"

superClass="cdt.managedbuild.tool.macosx.c.linker">
                         <optionCategory
owner="cdt.managedbuild.tool.macosx.objc.linker"
                                 name="%objc.frameworks.name"
id="cdt.managedbuild.tool.macosx.objc.linker.frameworks">
                         </optionCategory>
                         <option name="%objc.frameworks.name"

category="cdt.managedbuild.tool.macosx.objc.linker.frameworks"
                                 command="-framework ${VALUE}"
id="cdt.managedbuild.tool.macosx.objc.linker.framework"
                                 valueType="stringList">
                                 <listOptionValue value="Foundation" />
                         </option>
                 </tool>

What I'd like to do instead is have a concept of a project-level
variable 'frameworks', and then provide a way of mapping that into
command line extensions. This will allow the Mac toolchain to add -
framework Foo, but when running on Linux, supply a command line of
(say) -l OpenGL -L /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework.

What is the best way of integrating this into the way that CDT stores
data? I have a suspicion that I could add an entry into
ICConfigurationDescription and use that as the store for this list.
But then, how to translate that into entries for the command line is
something I'm not too sure about.

Alex