Re: [cdt-dev] API baselines

BTW, we won't pick a marketing number until we get the plan together in September. I'm hesitating to call it 7.0 at this point. Helios is the train's name, so I'll call it that for now.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Schorn, Markus <Markus.Schorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
An alternative is to use the cpp package of galileo as a baseline:

A good description on the plugin versions is here:

As a summary:
On the maintenance branch
  * no API change: increase the micro version by 1

On HEAD
  * no API change: increase the micro version by 100
  * non-breaking API change (API addition): increase minor version by 1
  * breaking API change: increase major version by 1

Markus.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 10:20 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] API baselines

Hi,

Now that development for 6.0.1 and 7.0 can proceed, how about we deal with API baselines again?
I've set it up for myself (see below on how to do this in 4.4 EASY steps).
I'm already getting errors in CDT HEAD :-)  That is not a big deal though.
The part I'm not comfortable is about changing the versions of the plugins.
Who can do this?  When should it be done?  What versions will we use?

Thanks

Marc

==

To setup API baselines

2- unzip the file
3- copy every CDT jar file from the unzipped plugins/ into some directory you have created
4- in eclipse do Preferences->Plugin Development->API baselines
    4.1 Click "Add baseline..."
    4.2 Call it what you want (e.g., CDT6.0)
    4.3 Click "Browse..." and select the directory where you put the CDT jar files, click "Finish"
    4.4 Make sure the new baseline has a checkmark next to it.  Click "OK"