Re: [cdt-dev] DSF: cannot pause a program

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 09:05:55AM -0400, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> I'm not very knowledgeable about signals so what I would do
> is set a breakpoint in CDT to see if we are trying to send
> the signal.

Signals... Oh, let me tell you about signals on Windows.  It doesn't
have any.  The closest thing is an interrupt event, which is
associated with a console.  I haven't looked at the source for CDT's
Spawner, but the odds are very good that it isn't creating a Windows
console for GDB; it's possible but infuriatingly hard to do this
without popping up a visible console window.

You can stop the debugged program using a debug break event.  You
have to either send it directly, or tell GDB to; if you somehow get a
CTRL_C_EVENT to the GDB process, it will do this for you.

If you use -exec-interrupt it will send a CTRL_C_EVENT to the
debuggee.  I don't know why this difference; you'd have to ask
on the GDB list and Chris Faylor can probably explain.

(Yes, I realize none of this explains how the previous CDT integration
handled it... sorry, I don't know, but this may be helpful anyway.)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top