Re: [cdt-dev] DSF: register view problems

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 10:27:52AM -0700, Pawel Piech wrote:
> I'm not sure how we should best address it.  It could be argued that
> GDB should be fixed and report partial results, or QEMU should be
> fixed to support the missing registers, but neither of these would
> help your situation.  What we could do in DSF-GDB is to remove the
> coalescing completely, or add logic to request values individually in
> case the coalesced command fails, etc.  Please file a bug to track
> this issue, we should be able to at least do something simple in
> 6.0.1.

FWIW, the GDB fix I would recommend here would be to not report
registers with empty names to the frontend.  We've made register
numbering more flexible in the last few releases and should be able to
get away with that now.  Otherwise, Dmitry's suggestion makes sense;
never query for such registers, until GDB is fixed.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top