From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Kucera
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 8:28 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] switching indexers

We have a set of plugins that add remote development capabilities to CDT. For that we register a remote indexer with the CIndexer extension point, which uses the standalone indexer to build an index on a remote machine.

An issue we occasionally encounter is that the user is able to use the indexer preferences page to switch from the remote indexer to the normal fast or full indexer. If the user does this accidentally all of the index based features stop working for that remote project.

Does anyone know if there's a way to prevent the user from switching off our remote indexer? I was thinking of registering an IPreferenceChangeListener with the IndexerPreferences class but that would only give an after-the-fact notification that the indexer changed, and at that point a reindex will have already been triggered. Any ideas on how to handle this better would be appreciated.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM Eclipse CDT Team

Back to the top