[cdt-dev] scanner configuration

Hi, I'm trying to get SCD to work properly with a custom gcc based
toolchain. I have followed suggestions from the other email threads,
but I seem to be missing some small detail.

Here's what is happening. When I create a new project with no source
files, I see the following commands get executed:

mb-gcc -E -P -v -dD <path>/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c
gcc -E -P -v -dD <path>/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c
mb-gcc -E -P -v -dD <path>/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c
mb-gcc -E -P -v -dD <path>/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c

The outputs from all of these are parsed correctly, and the include
paths and symbols are identified. However, the only includes that show
up are the ones from the gcc run, and not the mb-gcc run. So it looks
like the collected information is not stored properly due to some
incorrect setup on my part. Any hints on what files to look at to fix
this?

The other question is why does gcc itself get run? My toolchain
definition inherits from gcc, so could that be the cause? Should I
just copy over the gcc compiler build definition rather than inherit
from it?

Lastly, why is the gcc being launched multiple times, esp considering
there are no source files in the project?

I should mention that my plugin.xml points to my versions of
MBGCCScannerInfoCollector (empty) and
ManagedMBGCCScannerInfoConsoleParser (practically the same as
ManagedGCCScannerInfoConsoleParser). In both of these files, I see
warnings that state: Discouraged access: The type
GCCScannerInfoConsoleParser is not accessible due to restriction on
required project org.eclipse.cdt.make.core. I am quite new to Eclipse
development, so I might be missing something quite obvious.

I am building on RC4 and CDT from cvs/head.

Thanks a tonne,
Siva
--
In the end, everything is a gag.