Re: [cdt-dev] Interfacing Eclipse Workbench UI with GNU debuggerfunctions

I am sorry about that.
I meant CDI.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Marc Khouzam <marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
DSF or CDI?
You didn't answer this question the first time.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rohit Girme
Sent: June-09-09 4:17 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Interfacing Eclipse Workbench UI with GNU debuggerfunctions

Hello,

I am asking this question again because even after reading some articles I havent exactly understood what to do. So please help me out.

I want to know how the Eclipse Workbench UI communicates with the GNU debugger. What I mean is in the Eclipse for C/C++, when we press the step over or resume or continue buttons in the menu, what happens behind the scenes? As in how is the GNU gdb invoked? How does gdb know which function to execute? How does the UI communicate with gdb? I have added a custom function to the gdb(does not matter what the function is..) and I want to add a button to the Eclipse workbench such that pressing the button will call the gdb and that function in particular. I want to know how Eclipse workbench UI interacts with the GNU gdb. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks, Rohit