[cdt-dev] Communication between Eclipse UI and gdb

Hello,

I am relatively new to this.
I have added a custom debug option to the gnu debugger. I now want to add a button in Eclipse C/C++ IDE menu bar which will cause this custom option to execute, just like pressing step over, continue etc causes that particular option in gdb to execute.
I have read about CDI, CDT, MI but I could not understand what needs to be done exactly.

Please guide me for the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You for your time.

Rohit