From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Genly
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:16 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Custom content provider for CDT executables

I want to add custom content to the Project Explorer view for an executable.  I've tried using the org.eclipse.ui.navigator.navigatorContent/navigatorContent extension point.   I can make my content appear on non-executable files, but not executables.  Apparently CDT takes precedence over my extension.

Looking through the source code it looks like CDT provides for children of a binary file: source files, functions and variables.  See org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.model.Binary.computeChildren().  But it does not provide the ability for other plug-ins to add arbitrary children.

Is there an existing way to add arbitrary children to a CDT executable that I've missed?  If not, do you have any recommendations on the best way to add such a change?

Thanks.

Back to the top