Re: Headless build [was Re: [cdt-dev] RIP Wascana, Build System discussion]

Mike Wilson wrote:
I don't have any answers, but I have to agree with the sentiment. On the platform, we usually make the absolute minimum investment in updating the documentation that we can get away with. It's not because it's boring, it's just that there's always more work to do, and documentation isn't a high enough priority.

The result is that while the user experience may be good (in many cases, but not all), the corresponding "coding experience" suffers badly. Given the kind of eco-system Eclipse has with lots and lots of people coding against the Eclipse APIs, it seems strange that the priorities aren't different.

Programming against the Eclipse APIs should be *fun*, not full of the frustration which I often find it to be.

--
/Jesper

Back to the top