Re: [cdt-dev] RIP Wascana, Build System discussion

Chris Recoskie wrote:

I'm not planning to drop MBS any time soon. Gut it? Maybe. If anything I'd like to eventually drop makefile generation as a feature, but last time I suggested that, there was practically a riot.

Well, from my point of view, there are two *major* issues with MBS (apart from its plugin.xml awkwardness):

- It does not have any decent support for offline/headless builds.
- It integrates badly with other build systems. If you build your code base around MBS, you force people to use CDT. This makes CDT/MBS a much harder sell than if CDT was easy to integrate with other build systems.

--
/Jesper

Back to the top