RE: [cdt-dev] C source file template variables

This is not possible at the moment. Although the underlying mechanisms
share some common code,
contributed variable resolvers are not supported in code and file
templates.
(BTW, what you are calling code templates are editor templates).
Please file an enhancement request to follow up on that.

Thanks,
Toni