RE: [cdt-dev] Trying to implement a scanner configurationdiscoveryprofile

                Success!  Wow, thanks Steve – that would have undoubtedly taken me days to work out on my own. Glad to know that I’m not alone ;)  In case others run into this thread later on down the road the only amendment that I’ll make is that I’m guessing that you are referring to IPerFileDiscoveredPathInfo2 rather than IDiscoveredPathInfo2 below.  Once I worked that bit out everything seemed to work just fine in 6.0 M6.

                Thanks again!

                Glen

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kennedy, Stephen M (Steve)
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:40 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Trying to implement a scanner configurationdiscoveryprofile

Glen,

I've gotten a "per file" ScannerInfoCollector (attribute scope="file") to work at least.  Looking at my code, I see I added a comment on "getCollectedScannerInfo()": "NOTE: not called so far..." :).  My ScannerInfoCollector class implements IScannerInfoCollector3.  The key part is the IScannerInfoCollector2 interface which has a createPathInfoObject() method that returns an object implementing the IDiscoveredPathManager.IDiscoveredPathInfo interface.  For this object I implemented the IDiscoveredPathManager.IDiscoveredPathInfo2 interface instead.  The IDiscoveredPathInfo2 has a getPathInfoMap() method which returns a map of IResource -> PathInfo (this object has the include path & preprocessor definitions).  Whew.  As far as I can tell none of the other methods in IDiscoveredPathInfo2 are called aside from getSerializable().  I implemented this originally in 4.x but it is still working in 5.0.2 and I think it still worked in 6.0 M4).

Hope this helps.

Steve Kennedy