Re: [cdt-dev] Getting the id of a enumeration option value

Open a Bug & send a proposed Patch

Jesper Eskilson wrote:

Hi,

I'm implementing a custom value handler for an enumeration option which needs to filter its enumeration values. In the isEnumValueAppropriate() method I can return true/false to indicate if the value should be displayed, but the only parameter passed in is the *name* of the value (i.e. the display-name), and not its id. A quick glance in Option.java suggests that the enumeration values are not accessible outside the Option class, so I'm not too optimistic.

It seems to be that it would be rather natural to select enum values based on their id instead of their name (which can vary, and may not even contain the information needed to decide on the applicability of the value).

Back to the top