Re: [cdt-dev] Coding horror

It depends if exception can be propagated or not. Proper was of logging if not propagated call Activator.getDefault().log(e).
Where Activator is current plugin activator class.

Jesper Eskilson wrote:
Chris Recoskie wrote:
Well looking at the blame annotation, that code was last touched in 2006,
and I'm pretty sure that whomever wrote it isn't around any more.

I'm not looking for a scape-goat, but I was a little alarmed at the sheer volume of silently ignored exceptions.

If this is getting in your way so much, I would suggest you post a patch.

What would be the correct way of handling it? Printing a message on System.err? I tried to find some example on how similar errors are handled, but didn't really find any good ones.

Back to the top