Re: [cdt-dev] DSF: 3rd Party Plugin Breakpoint Support?

I don't completely understand the question.  A DSF breakpoint service is a consumer of breakpoints, it does not create them.  So you can use whatever factory you need (implemented in whatever plugin) to create the breakpoints,

Chuong, Patrick wrote:

Hi,

Can a 3rd party DSF plugin be written generically to support both ICBreakpoint and custom breakpoint without having to consider supporting different breakpoint factories?

From my understanding, CDIDebugModel is the factory for creating ICBreakpoint. A 3rd party DSF plugin can use the factory methods to create ICBreakpoint. However, the same plugin will need to depend on another plugin to create custom breakpoint. Is there anything that a 3rd party DSF plugin can do without having to depend on CDIDebugModel and custom breakpoint factory? Does a breakpoint factory interface at the DSF framework can help me to overcome this issue?

Thanks,

Patrick